Rosslyn Mitchell

Rosslyn Mitchell


We are searching data for your request:

Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Wait the end of the search in all databases.
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.

Edward Rosslyn Mitchell nació en Escocia el 16 de mayo de 1863. Se convirtió en abogado en 1904 y fue miembro del Ayuntamiento de Glasgow (1909-1925).

Inicialmente, miembro del Partido Liberal, Mitchell se unió más tarde al Partido Laborista Independiente y comenzó a trabajar en estrecha colaboración con otros socialistas en Glasgow, incluidos John Wheatley, Emanuel Shinwell, James Maxton, David Kirkwood, Campbell Stephen, William Gallacher, John Muir, Tom Johnston, Neil Maclean, George Hardie, George Buchanan y James Welsh.

En las elecciones generales de 1922, Mitchell fue elegido miembro de la Cámara de los Comunes de Glasgow Central. También tuvieron éxito varios otros socialistas militantes con sede en Glasgow, incluidos David Kirkwood, John Wheatley, Campbell Stephen, Emanuel Shinwell, James Maxton, John Muir, Tom Johnston, Neil Maclean, George Hardie, George Buchanan y James Welsh.

Mitchell se retiró para el Parlamento en las elecciones generales de 1929. pero continuó siendo un miembro activo del Ayuntamiento de Glasgow.

Edward Rosslyn Mitchell murió el 31 de octubre de 1965.

Desde la circunferencia exterior de la ciudad hasta su mismo corazón, Glasgow resonaba con el mensaje del socialismo. Una semana después del día de las elecciones, parecía probable que ganara todo el equipo de once, que Bonar Law sería derrotado y que el socialismo triunfaría. Tal energía, entusiasmo y seriedad no se conocían en Glasgow durante generaciones. Allí estábamos, hombres que unos años antes habían sido despreciados, algunos en la cárcel y muchos más muy cerca de ella, siendo ahora los hombres en quienes la gente puso su fe.

Cuando, por fin, se anunciaron los resultados, todos los miembros del equipo fueron elegidos, excepto nuestro campeón de la División Central. ¡Qué tropa éramos! John Wheatley, sereno, calculador y valiente; James Maxton, cuyo discurso de cortejo y total desinterés hizo que la gente lo considerara un santo y mártir; el pequeño Jimmie Stewart, tan pequeño, tan sobrio y, sin embargo, tan decidido; Neil MacLean, lleno de fuego sin furia; Thomas Johnston, con una cabeza tan llena de hechos como un huevo lleno de carne; George Hardie, ingeniero y químico y hermano de Keir Hardie; George Buchanan, patrón, que conocía el lado humano de la pobreza mejor que cualquiera de nosotros; James Welsh, minero y poeta de Coatbridge; John W. Muir, un caballero heroico y galante; y el viejo Bob Smillie, regresó por un distrito electoral inglés aunque nació en Irlanda y se crió en Escocia.

Creíamos que esta gente, esta gente británica, podía y estaba dispuesta a hacer amistad con todos los demás pueblos. Estábamos dispuestos a abandonar todas las indemnizaciones y reparaciones, para eliminar todas las restricciones de acoso impuestas por los Tratados de Paz. Todos éramos puritanos. Todos éramos abstemios. La mayoría de nosotros no fumamos. Nosotros fuimos la materia de la que se hace la reforma.


Los condes de Rosslyn

OUno de los aspectos más inteligentes del sistema de nobleza y honores escocés es que, en la antigua tradición celta, es habitual que la sucesión y los títulos pasen a la hembra más cercana y a su progenie en ausencia de un heredero varón inmediato. El razonamiento detrás de esto es simple. Dado que la madre lleva al niño antes del nacimiento, existe al menos una afirmación de la línea de sangre materna, si no la del padre. No es que esto, en un mundo de igualdad de oportunidades entre los sexos, busque arrojar dudas sobre la práctica de la primogenitura masculina establecida desde hace mucho tiempo y ampliamente respaldada, pero tiene sentido cuando la tierra está en juego o un título antiguo está en peligro de ser destruido. extinción. Siempre me ha sorprendido que esta regla eminentemente sensata se aplique solo a la nobleza escocesa y rara vez a los títulos del Reino Unido (como ducados), a menos que esté bajo un remanente especial. Habría proporcionado a Inglaterra un sentido de identidad y continuidad ancestral mucho mayor que el que existe en la actualidad.

En 1778, cuando murió el último miembro del linaje masculino St Clair de Rosslyn, solo una modesta herencia pasó a su única hija sobreviviente, Sarah, que estaba casada con Peter Wedderburn, un abogado de Edimburgo muy respetado. Cuando Wedderburn fue nombrado juez del Tribunal de Sesión, tomó el título de cortesía de Lord Chesterhall. Tuvieron un hijo y una hija, Alexander y Janet, y Alexander, después de haber seguido a su padre en la profesión legal, superó todas las expectativas. En 1762, cuando procesó la notoria causa Douglas en nombre de la hermosa duquesa viuda de Hamilton y su hijo pequeño, Sir Alexander Wedderburn fue considerado uno de los principales defensores de su generación.

La causa de Douglas, el caso legal que decidió el futuro de otra gran herencia y tierras, propiedades y títulos tras la muerte del primer y último duque de Douglas, sacudió a la sociedad hannoveriana del siglo XVIII tanto al norte como al sur de la frontera. Cuando las propiedades de Douglas fueron reclamadas por el difunto sobrino del duque y rsquos, cuya legitimidad era sospechosa, su madre, la hermana del duque, tenía más de cincuenta años cuando dio a luz a mellizos y se alegó que fueron adoptados y ndash fue desafiado por la familia de su padre. pariente del séptimo duque de Hamilton. Para empezar, el Tribunal Escocés de Sesiones falló a favor del reclamo de los Hamilton y rsquo, pero la decisión fue anulada por la Cámara de los Lores. 1

Sir Alexander Wedderburn había entrado en política el año anterior y se convertiría en Lord Canciller de Gran Bretaña en el gobierno de William Pitt. En 1780, fue elevado a la nobleza como Lord Loughborough en el condado de Surrey. En 1801 tomó el título de 1er Conde de Rosslyn en reconocimiento a su madre y familia rsquos. Murió en su casa de Windsor en 1805 tras un ataque de gota y fue enterrado en la catedral de St Paul & rsquos en Londres. Aunque se casó dos veces, el primer conde no tuvo hijos, pero tal fue la influencia que ejerció en una época en la que el estado hereditario todavía representaba algo que antes de su muerte dispuso que todos sus títulos y propiedades heredadas pasaran a su sobrino Sir James. St Clair-Erskine, el igualmente talentoso hijo de su hermana, Janet, que se había casado con Sir Henry Erskine. La suegra de Janet & rsquos, Katherine Erskine, era, por supuesto, la hermana menor del general St Clair & rsquos y, por lo tanto, también su prima. Sir James St Clair-Erskine, quien se desempeñó como diputado de Kirkcaldy, coronaría su propia carrera con el rango de Lord Presidente del Consejo en la coalición Sir Robert Peel & rsquos Tory / Whig de 1834.

Desde cualquier punto de vista, la cartera de Alexander Wedderburn era sustancial. Además de la propiedad en Inglaterra, estaba el castillo de Ravenscraig, 3,000 acres de tierra en Fife, y el igualmente prestigioso, pero en esta etapa bastante descuidado, Rosslyn Estate en Midlothian, que, junto con Dysart House en Fife, volvió a la línea Rosslyn. de la familia tras la muerte de su tío abuelo, el general Sir James St Clair y su primo, el coronel James Patterson.

A medida que avanzaba el siglo XIX, tanto Roslin Glen como la ciudad misma adquirieron una celebridad adicional. Ya un famoso lugar de belleza, el desfiladero del río North Esk y los bosques circundantes fueron defendidos en los escritos del exitoso novelista Sir Walter Scott, quien, en los primeros años del siglo, residía en la cercana Lasswade. Cuando Jorge IV visitó Edimburgo en 1822, el primer monarca británico reinante en pisar suelo escocés durante más de 200 años, Escocia estaba clamando por un sentido de nacionalidad y lo encontró no solo en las montañas, cañadas y clanes de las Tierras Altas. en el paisaje poético de las Tierras Bajas de Escocia. Es posible que la Capilla Rosslyn se haya convertido ahora en uno de los grandes destinos turísticos del siglo XXI, pero los hannoverianos y victorianos de hace dos siglos también acudieron aquí por miles, incluida, como era de esperar, la propia reina Victoria.

En 1842, al comienzo de su primera visita a Escocia, quedándose con el quinto duque de Buccleuch en el Palacio Dalkeith, a poca distancia en coche, insistió en visitar la Capilla Rosslyn, de la que había oído hablar mucho. Estaba tan impresionada con lo que vio el 14 de septiembre de 1842 que expresó su deseo de que se conservara & lsquoso, una joya única para el país & rsquo. Para bien o para mal, esto abrió las compuertas para Rosslyn como atracción turística.

En esta etapa, Lord Rosslyn ya había encargado al arquitecto William Burn que comenzara las reparaciones en el exterior. Sin embargo, pasarían otros veinte años antes de que el interior de la capilla, posiblemente después de un nuevo empujón de Su Majestad, volviera a la vida. En 1861, el 3er conde de Rosslyn fue engatusado por su prima por matrimonio, Lady Helen Wedderburn, hija del séptimo conde de Airlie, para reintroducir los servicios dominicales. Se contactó sumariamente con el arquitecto David Bryce para comenzar el trabajo de restauración a un costo de & pound3,000. Se volvieron a colocar losas en la cripta, se introdujo un nuevo altar y se repararon las tallas dañadas en la Lady Chapel. Para compensar algunos de los costos de los accesorios y accesorios, la emprendedora Lady Helen, que vivía en Rosebank House en la finca, lanzó una campaña de suscripción que fue ampliamente apoyada por la nobleza escocesa a lo largo y ancho.

Sin embargo, no todo el mundo estaba contento con la calidad del trabajo de restauración. Un artista anónimo incluso llegó a escribir al escocés El periódico lamentaba que se perdieran para siempre los rasgos que, a los ojos de su profesión, hacían de la capilla tan objeto de interés, de estudio y de afecto. Una reacción similar fue provocada en ciertos barrios por la limpieza de piedra de la Ciudad Nueva de Edimburgo y rsquos a fines del siglo siguiente, pero en el caso de la capilla parece haber estado dirigida en gran medida hacia los `` adornos innecesarios '' impuestos a algunas de las tallas.

Independientemente de tal controversia, el obispo Terrot de Edimburgo volvió a dedicar la Capilla Rosslyn el martes 22 de abril de 1862, y se reabrió formalmente al público con el obispo Forbes de Brechin predicando el primer sermón. El reverendo Cole, capellán militar de Greenlaw Barracks, cerca de Penicuik, se constituyó como capellán doméstico de Lord Rosslyn & rsquos. Cuatro años más tarde, el tercer conde fue sucedido por su hijo quien, en los años siguientes, encargó a Andrew Kerr, un joven arquitecto, que creara un ábside para que sirviera de baptisterio, con un desván de órgano en la parte superior. Una fina tracería de roble muestra el escudo de la familia y, en total, incluidos los honorarios de Kerr & rsquos, el trabajo le costó a la finca un sustancial & pound792, el equivalente actual de & pound46.000. La imponente tumba del cuarto conde y rsquos está situada frente a la entrada del baptisterio.

Cualquier resto de las vidrieras originales en las ventanas de la capilla habían sido destruidas durante la Reforma, y ​​durante un largo período de tiempo no hubo vidrios en las aberturas, la única protección la ofrecían las contraventanas exteriores. En el momento de la restauración de 1862, sin embargo, habían sido vidriados con vidrio transparente. Al visitar la Capilla Rosslyn hoy, por lo tanto, es importante comprender que las vidrieras con forma de joya en la Capilla Lady son de origen victoriano. En las seis ventanas están los Doce Apóstoles, su diseño creado en 1867 para Francis, cuarto conde de Rosslyn, por Clayton & amp Bell de Londres, y dedicado a la memoria de sus padres.

En el pasillo este están San Juan Bautista con un cordero sobre un libro, San Pablo con una espada, San Marcos y San Lucas. Las tres ventanas de la nave norte presentan imágenes de la Anunciación y la Natividad, la Presentación en el Templo, el Bautismo de Jesús, el Sermón de la Montaña y la Propagación Milagrosa de los Peces. En las tres ventanas del pasillo sur hay interpretaciones del Milagro en la Fiesta de las Bodas de Caná, la Resurrección de la Hija de Jairo y rsquos, Cristo bendiciendo a los niños pequeños, La Última Cena, la Crucifixión y la Resurrección.

La ventana este, dedicada a la memoria del cuarto conde y hermana de rsquos, Harriet, condesa de Derneburg en Hannover, muestra la resurrección de Nuestro Señor. La ventana del oeste muestra a Nuestro Bendito Señor en Gloria. En 1887, el conde levantó dos ventanas más, una que muestra a San Jorge y el Dragón y dedicada a la memoria de Andrew Kerr, que había supervisado la construcción del baptisterio y desde que murió, la segunda muestra a San Miguel, insertada como ofrenda de agradecimiento de & lsquoW . y H.A. Mitchell de Rosebank y rsquo. 2

En su análisis del "significado" de la capilla, el escritor Tim Wallace-Murphy pregunta por qué dos soldados romanos, San Longinus, el que sostenía la Lanza del Destino, y San Mauricio, que fue decapitado frente a sus tropas por negarse a adorar al dioses paganos de Roma, ¿deberían celebrarse aquí? También se pregunta por qué al santo patrón de Inglaterra se le da igualmente su lugar, y hace una comparación con la redecoración mística en la iglesia de Santa María Magdalena en Rennes-le-Ch & acircteau, que debe haber tenido lugar casi al mismo tiempo. ¿Confirma esto que existe una conexión entre los dos lugares de culto? ¿O es simplemente que lo que hay hoy en día es lo que estaba de moda entre ciertas facciones de la cristiandad en ese momento? O acepta que los interiores de la Capilla Rosslyn y Santa María Magdalena fueron creados de manera comprensible a través de la imaginación inventiva de eruditos independientes empapados en la mitología cristiana y pagana clásica, o considera que se estaba ejecutando un gran plan maestro trascendental. De cualquier manera, proporciona una fuente de fascinación sin fin.

Sin embargo, a partir de entonces te encuentras firmemente implantado en el siglo XX, las ventanas en el baptisterio datan solo de 1954. Estas conmemoran al actual tío conde y rsquos que murió en servicio activo durante la Segunda Guerra Mundial, y a su padrastro que murió a causa de las heridas sufridas durante la misma. conflicto. Fueron diseñados con un tema de los acantilados blancos de Dover y San Andrés y San Jorge. Otro está dedicado a la abuela del séptimo conde y rsquos, la princesa Dmitri, y representa a San Francisco de Asís rodeado de pájaros y animales, incluido un canguro. Nuevamente, esto podría causar cierta curiosidad si alguien no supiera que su familia provenía de Nueva Gales del Sur.



"Yo llamo a la arquitectura música congelada".
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Escritor alemán, científico, teórico del color y masón

En un caso de arte que imita al arte, un comunicado de prensa a principios de este año (2006) anunció que se había encontrado & ldquof frozen music & rdquo en la arquitectura de la Capilla Rosslyn del siglo XV, la misma capilla popularizada al final del libro de Dan Brown & rsquos. El codigo Da Vinci. La desconcertante arquitectura de la capilla y los rsquos permanecieron sin explicación durante más de 450 años hasta que fue descifrada por Thomas Mitchell y su hijo Stuart Mitchell a principios de este año.

El anuncio explicó que se encontró que un total de 215 "cubos quomusicales" en los pilares y arcos de la Capilla Rosslyn coincidían con 13 patrones de sonido geométricos únicos, conocidos como figuras de Chladni o Cymatics. Estos patrones se producen cuando una placa de metal se rocía con sal o polvo y se hace vibrar con frecuencias de sonido. Documentados por primera vez por Ernst Chladni en 1787, los patrones pueden variar desde polígonos primitivos como triángulos, pentágonos y hexágonos hasta hermosos patrones tipo Mandela, según las frecuencias que se utilicen (ver Música de la celosía cuántica). Los Mitchell descubrieron que cada uno de los patrones de cubos coincidía con tonos musicales específicos que estaban organizados en grupos verticales alrededor de los pilares de la capilla y los rsquos. Usando estos tonos para formar una melodía, los hombres luego compusieron y escenificaron la actuación principal de & ldquothe Rosslyn Motet & rdquo el 18 de mayo de 2007 dentro de la capilla.

Para ayudarlos a decodificar los cubos, encontraron una figura especial de & ldquostave angel & rdquo tallada en un pilar que sostenía un pentagrama musical y señalaba los tres tonos. en la clave de sol. Estos tonos particulares correspondían a algunos de los patrones de cubos.

El ángel señala a B con la mano derecha y a A y C con la izquierda. Esto se tomó para indicar que la música estaba en la tonalidad de Do mayor, o la relativa A menor, con el & ldquotono principal & rdquo B equilibrado simétricamente en el centro. A partir de esto, cada uno de los patrones de cubos se comparó contra una frecuencia particular usando una placa cuadrada de Chladni sintonizada en C. Los tonos resultantes se ordenaron de abajo hacia arriba, de izquierda a derecha alrededor de las columnas comenzando con el ángel del pentagrama para producir una melodía inquietante.

Si bien esta es una historia realmente sorprendente, plantea la pregunta más profunda de quién diseñó la capilla, ¿por qué escondieron esta música en la arquitectura de la capilla y qué significa?

Fundada en 1446 por William Sinclair, primer conde de Caithness de la familia St. Clair, la capilla Rosslyn fue construida para incluir numerosos símbolos ahora atribuidos a los Caballeros Templarios y la sociedad esotérica de la masonería. Según Robert Freke Gould, autor de la Historia de la masonería, "la masonería es considerada como el descendiente directo, o como una supervivencia de los misterios y el infierno de Isis y Osiris en Egipto". La capilla y la arquitectura desconcertante fue diseñada por Sir Gilbert Hay, uno de los más mentes eruditas e intelectuales del siglo XV, bajo la dirección de William Sinclair. Se cree que ambos hombres son ebionitas judíos / cristianos conectados a la escuela de misterio esenia, precursora de la masonería moderna.

Como demuestra claramente esta capilla, los patrones de resonancia creados por las ondas sonoras reflejadas se entendieron bien mucho antes de los descubrimientos científicos oficiales de Chladni & rsquos en el siglo XVIII. De hecho, el conocimiento de la geometría del sonido se remonta a la antigua sabiduría china y egipcia y se conservó en los secretos herméticos de la masonería. La música, la resonancia armónica y el simbolismo geométrico son parte integral de las creencias herméticas sobre la estructura del cosmos y toda la vida. Hay y Sinclair aparentemente buscaron preservar este conocimiento en la Capilla Rosslyn.

Al mirar las columnas, vemos una serie de pentagramas que sostienen a los ángeles musicales. Pero, curiosamente, los ángeles reemplazan el triángulo superior faltante en cada pentagrama. Haciendo una referencia cruzada de esto a la tradición hermética, este triángulo faltante es el mismo triángulo simbólico de resonancia. La pregunta es ¿cómo se puede considerar resonante este triángulo en particular, como parte de un pentagrama, y ​​por qué era tan importante que debería ser tallado en una capilla de piedra?

Un triángulo dorado, tomado del pentagrama, tiene ángulos que miden 36 X 72 X 72 grados y lados en proporción a la proporción áurea (

1,61803). Hay una diferencia de 3 grados entre el ángulo superior de la pirámide dorada y el grado 33 más alto de la masonería, lo que representa una relación de diferencia de 3: 180, o 0.01666667. Esta proporción se puede representar de manera más simple por la proporción de 5: 3 de una sexta mayor recién afinada, el intervalo más agradable y espectralmente resonante en la música. Al reemplazar el triángulo dorado superior del pentagrama con los ángeles celestiales, los diseñadores de la capilla pueden haber estado simbolizando los resonantes 3 grados que separan a la humanidad del & ldquoGreat Architect & rdquo. Como un juego de palabras adicional, los diseñadores incluso reemplazaron el triángulo & rsquos top & ldquoAngle & rdquo con un & ldquoAngel & rdquo musical, los cuales comienzan con la letra & ldquoA, & rdquo derivado de un triángulo dorado que alguna vez se usó para representar el Alfa y el Omega.

Ahora podemos ver cómo los ángeles (o "ldquoputti") sentados en el pentagrama simbolizaban la geometría y las proporciones numéricas de resonancia transmitidas desde la teosofía egipcia. Pero, ¿por qué habría que ocultar ese conocimiento de esta manera?

Para la Iglesia Católica medieval, las ideas egipcias de resonancia se consideraban parte de una creencia panteísta de Dios en la naturaleza y eran una amenaza directa para la creencia cristiana de Dios fuera de la naturaleza. Como resultado, la geometría del pentagrama y ciertos intervalos de resonancia se consideraron inadecuados para su uso en la Iglesia. Esto fue especialmente cierto para el intervalo musical de tres tonos completos (seis semitonos) conocido como tritono.

Conocido como Diabolus in Musica, o el Diablo en la Música, el tritono está fuertemente relacionado con esta antigua comprensión de la resonancia, compartiendo lo que llamaremos por ahora, una "relación armónica inversa" con una sexta mayor consonante. El ángel de madera de Rosslyn enfatiza este hecho al señalar la parte del intervalo de tritono conocida como "tono principal". De hecho, la melodía en los cubos enfatiza el tritono de una manera que hubiera sido inaceptable para la Iglesia Católica en el siglo XV.

Prohibido por el Papa Gregorio IX en 1234, el tritono fue y sigue estando prohibido en la música católica. Como resultado, los masones ocultaron su uso de este intervalo prohibido codificándolo como símbolos cimáticos en la arquitectura de la capilla. Esta era su forma de preservar lo que consideraban conocimiento sagrado egipcio en un momento en que Europa era hostil a tales creencias. Pero hay otro giro en esta historia que lleva el concepto de resonancia a un nivel aún más alto de simbolismo teosófico.

Si bien hay 13 ángeles correspondientes a los 13 patrones de cubos únicos, también hay 8 dragones cuyas lenguas envuelven el & ldquoTree of Life & rdquo tallado en la parte inferior de los pilares. Juntos, los ángeles y los dragones representan simbólicamente la proporción de Fibonacci de 13: 8 o 1.625. Esta proporción pasa a ser la primera proporción de Fibonacci ascendente no encontrado como un intervalo resonante en la serie armónica. Esto comienza la convergencia de las proporciones de Fibonacci restantes hacia la proporción áurea (

1.61803) que se encuentra en el pentagrama y el triángulo dorado.

Es un hecho poco conocido que las proporciones de números adyacentes en la serie de Fibonacci que comienzan con 13: 8 = 1.625 crean un efecto de amortiguación natural en la onda estacionaria de un tono musical u otra vibración coherente. A medida que cada proporción ascendente de Fibonacci se acerca a la proporción áurea infinita, el efecto de amortiguación aumenta, cancelando así todas las ondas fraccionarias y dejando que solo los armónicos de números enteros vibren con simpatía. Este efecto de amortiguación se utiliza ampliamente en el diseño de recintos de altavoces y teatros, generalmente se aproxima a 1,62 X 1,0 X 0,62 para cancelar la reflexión. Las ondas armónicas simplemente no pueden resonar en o cerca de la proporción de frecuencia infinita de la proporción áurea. El dragón, como la serpiente mítica que posee un conocimiento secreto en el inframundo, representa este efecto amortiguador anti-armónico en la naturaleza que es contrarrestado por la resonancia simbólica del ángel & rsquos.

Esto nos lleva a otra revelación sobre Rosslyn Chapel. Al revisar las dimensiones de la capilla y los rsquos, la longitud es exactamente el doble de la anchura, mientras que la relación entre la altura y la longitud es igual a la media áurea. Además, la longitud de la sección del coro tomada en proporción a la longitud de la capilla es una sexta mayor de 5: 3. Dado que una sexta mayor es el intervalo más resonante posible, el coro actúa como una cámara de máxima resonancia en la dirección horizontal mientras amortigua las ondas estacionarias reflejadas en la dirección vertical. De esta manera, los diseñadores de la capilla diseñaron una cámara perfectamente atenuada que amplificaba la voz y la música mientras minimizaba los ecos. Quizás esto también tenía la intención de ser un símbolo acústico que pudiera "desvanecer" la música congelada en la arquitectura.

La arquitectura de la Capilla Rosslyn combina el simbolismo mitológico del alfa-omega o el bien contra el mal en un equilibrio musical de resonancia armónica y amortiguación anti-armónica. El símbolo secreto de la amortiguación armónica se puede encontrar hoy en el apodo que Ian Fleming tomó de John Dee, un agente secreto original del siglo XVI de la reina Isabel I, autoproclamado "alquimista angélico" y matemático hermético muy familiarizado con las proporciones armónicas. También lo encontramos en el símbolo negativo persistente de resonancia: el cristiano y el símbolo de la Bestia 666.

Pero los diseñadores de la capilla sugieren una interpretación más equilibrada de este simbolismo. Los 215 cubos musicales de la capilla suman uno menos de 216, el antiguo número hebreo de Dios. Se dice que encontrar el código que falta para este número (seis al cubo o 6 * 6 * 6) desencadenará la Era Mesiánica de paz. Con esto, todo en la Capilla Rosslyn parece destinado a reemplazar los simbolismos equivocados del mal con la verdad y la esperanza.

Las fuerzas opuestas de resonancia y amortiguación están en todas partes en la naturaleza: el espaciamiento de los electrones en un átomo, las órbitas interplanetarias promediadas, los patrones de ramificación en las plantas y el espaciado de las articulaciones en los animales que permiten el movimiento articulado. Sin esta dualidad, nada podría vibrar, moverse o incluso vivir. Pasados ​​de Egipto y Oriente, llevados a la clandestinidad hacia las hermandades esotéricas, estos principios armónicos fundamentales son la definición misma de sagrado. ¿Qué podría ser más apropiado para cualquier espacio sagrado del templo que la armonía de la naturaleza?


Partitura de Rosslyn Chapel 'decodificada'

Las tallas en la Capilla Rosslyn de 600 años de antigüedad en Escocia representan una forma codificada de una partitura musical, dice el equipo de padre e hijo de Tommy J. Mitchell, de 75 años y Stuart Mitchell, de 41 años.

"[La] Capilla Rosslyn encierra un misterio musical en su arquitectura y diseño. En un extremo de la capilla, en el techo hay 4 secciones transversales de arcos que contienen elaborados diseños simbólicos en cada conjunto de cubos (de hecho, son en su mayoría rectángulos ). Los 'cubos' están unidos a los arcos de forma secuencial musicalmente. Y para confirmarlo, en los extremos de cada arco hay un ángel tocando un instrumento musical de diferente tipo. Después de 27 años de estudio e investigación por [ Thomas J. Mitchell, el padre de Stuart], creemos que ha encontrado los tonos y la tonalidad que coinciden con los símbolos de cada cubo, revelando sus progresiones melódicas y armónicas ", dijo T. Mitchell en un comunicado publicado en su sitio web.

La partitura musical ha estado "congelada" en la capilla durante 600 años. Dentro de la capilla, hay 13 ángeles que T. Mitchell llama la "orquesta de ángeles", que están tallados en los arcos de la capilla y que parecen ser músicos.

Alrededor de los ángeles hay 213 símbolos geométricos que se parecen a ondas de sonido en diferentes tonos. Después de decodificar todos los símbolos para que coincidan con las ondas sonoras, encontraron la canción que, según los investigadores, es parte del sistema musical "cymatics", también conocido como "patrones de Chladni", que es el estudio de los fenómenos ondulatorios asociados con los patrones físicos producidos a través del interacción de ondas sonoras en un medio.

"Es lo que podríamos llamar 'música congelada', un poco como la criogenia. La música se ha congelado en el tiempo por el simbolismo, era solo cuestión de tiempo antes de que el simbolismo comenzara a 'descongelarse' y comenzara a tener sentido para los científicos. y percepción musical ", dijo T. Mitchell.

Mitchell describe la canción como si suena como una melodía celta o una canción infantil.

"La combinación inusual de instrumentos, su dinámica, afinaciones y texturas recrean un sonido olvidado del pasado. Las melodías son simples pero armónicamente se desarrollan y despliegan de la manera más simple pero encantadora. La disposición secuencial de los cubos en muchas ocasiones es una serie de notas / símbolos repetidos que significan un sentido más funcional que estético de la música. A veces suena un poco como una 'canción infantil' y también hay una sensación de 'aire celta' en la música ", agregó Mitchell. .

Los Mitchell han agregado palabras de un himno contemporáneo a la música y han nombrado la composición El motete de Rosslyn, que es interpretado por el Tallis Chamber Choir y producido por Stuart Mitchell.

Actualmente está disponible en CD y se inaugurará en un concierto de primer nivel mundial el 18 de mayo que se realizará dentro de la Capilla Rosslyn.

La capilla ha visto un aumento de visitantes, turistas e investigadores desde que apareció en el libro y la película. El codigo Da Vinci.


Rosslyn Mitchell - Historia


Los cubos y el pilar del aprendiz




Columna en espiral - Simbología del ADN - Conciencia

La Capilla Rosslyn, o la Capilla Colegial de San Mateo, como iba a haber sido, fue fundada en 1446 por Sir William St Clair , tercero y último St Clair Prince of Orkney.

De hecho, es solo una parte del coro de lo que se pretendía que fuera un edificio cruciforme más grande con una torre en el centro.

Más de treinta y siete colegiatas se construyeron en Escocia entre los reinados de James I y James IV (1406-1513). Eran fundaciones seculares destinadas a difundir el conocimiento intelectual y espiritual, y la extravagancia de su construcción dependía de la riqueza de su fundador.

Después de la muerte de Sir William en 1484, fue enterrado en la capilla inacabada y el edificio más grande que había planeado nunca se completó. Pero se dice que los cimientos de la nave fueron excavados en el siglo XIX y se encontró que se extendían treinta y un pies más allá de la puerta oeste original de la Capilla, debajo del baptisterio y el cementerio existentes.

Sin embargo, lo que se construyó es lo suficientemente extraordinario,

`` Este edificio, creo, puede ser declarado único, y estoy seguro de que resultará curioso, elaborado y singularmente interesante, imposible de designar con un término dado o familiar '', escribió Britton en su Architectural Antiquities of Britain (1812), añadiendo con cierta desesperación que su «variedad y excentricidad no se definan con palabras de aceptación común».

La principal autoridad en la historia de la Capilla y la familia St Clair es el Padre. Richard Augustine Hay, Canónigo de St Genevieve en París y prior de St Piermont.

Examinó los registros históricos y las cartas de St Clairs y completó un estudio de tres volúmenes en 1700, partes de los cuales se publicaron en 1835 como Una geneología de los Sainteclaires de Rosslyn.

Su investigación fue oportuna, ya que posteriormente desaparecieron los documentos originales.

Del fundador, el padre Hay dijo esto:

El príncipe William, con su edad arrastrándose sobre él, llegó a considerar cómo había pasado su tiempo pasado y cómo iba a pasar los días que le quedaban.

Por tanto, hasta el final, para que no pareciera del todo desagradecido a Dios por los beneficios que recibía de él, se le ocurrió construir una casa para el servicio de Dios, de obra sumamente curiosa, para que se hiciera con mayor provecho. gloria y esplendor hizo que se trajeran artesanos de otras regiones y reinos extranjeros y que diariamente abundara todo tipo de obreros presentes como albañiles, carpinteros, herreros, carreteros y canteros. el fundamento de esta obra hizo que se colocara en el año de nuestro Señor 1446, y hasta el final, la obra podría ser más rara, primero hizo que se dibujaran borradores (planos) sobre tablas de Eastland [madera báltica importada], y Hizo que los carpinteros las tallaran de acuerdo con los borradores y se las dio como patrones a los albañiles, para que pudieran cortar algo similar en piedra y porque pensaba que los albañiles no tenían un lugar conveniente para alojarse. ciudad de Rolsine que ahora existe y les dio a todos una casa y tierras.

Recompensaba a los albañiles según su grado, como al Maestro Masón, les daba casi 40 libras anuales, ya todos los demás, 10 libras.

Hijo de Sir William y sucesor de la Baronía de Rosslyn, Sir Oliver St Clair, cubrió el coro con su bóveda de piedra pero no hizo más para cumplir con el diseño original de su padre.

The Chapel was generously endowed by the founder, with provision for a provost, six prebendaries and two choristers, and in 1523 by his grandson, also Sir William, with land for dwelling houses and gardens.

On February 26, 1571, however, just forty-eight years after his last endowment, there is a record of the provost and prebendaries resigning because of the endowments being taken by 'force and violence' into secular hands as the effects of the Reformation took hold.

The Presbytery records of Dalkeith reveal that in 1589 William Knox, brother of John Knox and minister of Cockpen, was censured,

'for baptizing the Laird of Rosling's bairne' in Rosslyn Chapel, which was described as a 'house and monument of idolatrie, and not ane place appointit for teiching the word and ministratioun of ye sacrementis'.

The following year, the Presbytery forbade Mr George Ramsay, minister of Lasswade, from burying the wife of a later Oliver St Clair in the Chapel.

The St Clairs had not yet succumbed to the Reformation and remained Roman Catholics.

This Oliver St Clair was repeatedly warned to destroy the altars in the Chapel and in1592 was summoned to appear before the General Assembly and threatened with excommunication if the altars remained standing after August 17 th , 1592.

On August 31st, the same George Ramsay reported that 'the altars of Roslene were haille demolishit'. From that time the Chapel ceased to be used as a house of prayer and soon fell into disrepair.

In 1650, during the Civil War, Cromwell's troops under General Monk attacked the castle and his horses were stabled in the Chapel.

On December 11 th , 1688, shortly after the protestant William of Orange had landed in England and displaced the Catholic James II, a mob from Edinburgh and some of the villagers from Roslin entered and damaged the Chapel. Their object was to destroy the furniture and vestments, which were now regarded as Popish and idolatrous.

The Chapel remained abandoned until 1736, when St James St Clair glazed the windows for the first time, repaired the roof, and re-laid the floor with flagstones. The boundary wall was also built at this time.

Cuando Dorothy Wordsworth visited the Chapel on September 17 th , 1807, she remarked:

'Went to view the inside of the Chapel of Roslyn, which is kept locked up, and so preserved from the injuries it might otherwise receive from idle boys, but as nothing is done to keep it together, it must, in the end, fall. The architecture within is exquisitely beautiful.'

Further repairs to the Chapel were undertaken at the beginning of the nineteenth century and in 1861 it was agreed by James Alexander, 3 rd Earl of Rosslyn, that Sunday services should begin again.

He instructed the Edinburgh architect David Bryce to carry out restoration work. The carvings in the Lady Chapel were attended to, stones were relaid in the crypt and an altar established there.

The Chapel was rededicated on Tuesday April 22 nd , 1862, by the Bishop of Edinburgh and the Bishop of Brechin preached from the text,

'Our Lord, I have loved the habitation of thy house, and the place where thine honour dwelleth'.

The Reverend R. Cole, then resident military chaplain at Greenlaw Barracks near Penicuick, became private chaplain to the Earl.

Lady Helen Wedderburn, daughter of the 7 th Earl of Airlie, who lived nearby at Rosebank, organized a subscription from which some of the interior fittings were provided.

In 1880-1, Francis Robert, 4 th Earl of Rosslyn, added the apse to serve as a baptistery with an organ loft above. The work is by Andrew Kerr. The Earl also filled the baptistery arch with the handsome oak tracery which you see today, decorated with his crest. Together with the two Chapel doors, this is the only wood used in the construction of the building.

The cost of the work was seven hundred and fifty eight pounds, eight shillings and six pennies, with a further thirty four pounds and eighteen shillings to Andrew Kerr for fees.

Kerr told the Earl that a party of visitors,

'had remarked that it was wonderful that such young men should be entrusted to execute such carving,' to which the estate factor 'very coolly replied, that it was not wonderful here, as the finest pillar in the Chapel was the work of an apprentice boy.'

The Earl was happy with the work and in a letter to Kerr on November 16 th , wrote:

'I must say that the author pronounces your building a complete success.'

In 1915, a report on the fabric by Sir Robert Lorimer observed:

'The stone work of the Chapel is in fairly good order and requires very little done to it. a few of the stones are crumbling but not to the extent to cause any alarm. The condition of the roof is not satisfactory. and there are a number of gaps and cracks all over.'

He recommended that the exterior of the roof be covered with asphalt and this was carried out.

In 1942 the Chapel was almost closed for a second time when a government official called Robertson wrote to the Minister of Labour, Ernest Bevin MP,

'that the Episcopalian Church at Roslin was almost empty every Sunday. on a recent Sunday there was a congregation of only two, and apart from the Clergyman's labour there must be other workers employed in cleaning and looking after the church and I suggest that steps are taken to close it down.'

A copy of the letter was sent to Gwilym Lloyd George MP, the Minister of Fuel, who in turn wrote to the Secretary of State for Scotland in the following terms

'I enclose a copy of a letter from David Robertson which causes me considerable embarrassment, who am I, a Welshman, that I should do anything that might imperil the eternal salvation of one Scottish Episcopalian. In any case, from the fuel point of view, I doubt whether I would be justified in securing a small economy of fuel in this world at the possible cost of a disproportionate expenditure of it on myself in the next.'

Further work was carried out by Anthony 6 th Earl of Rosslyn, in the 1950's when the crypt roof was repaired and the interior carvings cleaned by hand over a period of several years. He also added the stained glass windows in the baptistery.

A report of May 1954 from the Ancient Monuments Branch of the Ministry of Works records that,

'surfaces covered with green algae will be scrubbed down with stiff bristle brushes. using a solution of .880 ammonia and water. Water will then be used copiously until the surfaces are clean and free from dirt and vegetation.

Flaky patches will be sealed off. Hollow areas in ornament will receive special treatment by grouting. and when the surfaces are thoroughly dry they will be hardened with silica fluoride of magnesium at a rate of 1lb per two gallons of water.'

This work was in accordance with the thinking of the time but not, unfortunately, with current conservation philosophy.

The effect of the magnesium fluoride - a cementitious slurry - was to seal the internal surface of the masonry with an impermeable coating, so that the stone became saturated with water containing soluble pollutants. In addition, the coldness of the wet stone encouraged condensation.

A report in 1995 confirmed that damage was occurring and that humidity in the Chapel was very high. It recommended that steps should be taken to dry out the saturated masonry, remove if possible the cementitious coating, and restore the permeability of the richly carved inner surfaces of the Chapel.

In March 1997, a free-standing steel structure was erected to cover the Chapel. It will enable the stone fabric of the roof vaults to dry outwards, away from the carved interior surfaces. In due course the bituminous felt, asphalt and concrete coverings of the stone roof vaults will be removed to assist this process.

Stone and mortar repairs to the external walls, pinnacles, and buttresses, renewal of the rainwater disposal arrangements, repairs to the stained glass, and appropriate repair and conservation of the interior are all required.

The coverings over the stone vaulted roofs will be renewed in lead and ways of removing the cementitious slurry are being investigated, in order that this magnificent building can be preserved for future generations to use and admire.

The year 2000 saw the Trust embark on a second phase of work.

Funded jointly by The National Heritage Lottery Fund, The Eastern Scotland European Partnership, Historic Scotland and the Rosslyn Chapel Trust, this phase has a number of elements. Essential stabilization works to the east boundary walls will protect the Chapel.

A new roof of Caithness slate has been placed over the existing Crypt roof, and the Priest's Cell and two more modern buildings beside the Crypt have been made functional. The stairs to the Crypt have been repaired and the access to the Crypt is now both safer and more of an experience.

Work has also been carried out to improve the electrical services in the Chapel, repairs to the wooden screen at the west end, and our interpretation of Rosslyn's story.

Rosslyn Chapel, originally named the Collegiate Chapel of St. Matthew, is a 15 th Century church in the village of Roslin, Midlothian, Scotland.

The chapel was designed by William Sinclair of the St. Clair family, a Scottish noble family descended from Norman knights and, according to legend, linked to the Knights Templar. Construction of the chapel began in 1440, and the chapel was officially founded in 1446. Construction lasted for forty years.

Some authors have theorized that the Chapel's west wall is actually a model of the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem and is part of the structure by design, rather than proof of another intended stage of building, which would have made the site about the size of a Cathedral.

The chapel has long been famous for its possible connections to Freemasonry and its attendant rituals.

This was first publicized by Knight and Lomas, but it is also found in works by Michael Baigent y Leigh y Tim Wallace Murphy (circa 1990), and the connections entered mainstream consciousness when named in the novel The Da Vinci Code for its (possible) links to the Holy Grail.

Despite the fictitious nature of this work, its influence has been considerable.

The Scottish NGO The Friends of Rosslyn, which own the land surrounding the Chapel and the Rosslyn Chapel Trust which administers the Chapel, have both published a number of books and literature on the Chapel.

Certainly the Chapel is used by the modern Knights Templar (a masonic group rather than descendants of the military religious order) for 'investiture' ceremonies, and because of its connection to one of the more famous freemasons ( William Sinclair ) and also due to the Masonic architecture and symbolism featured on the Chapel walls, many Freemasons from all over the world visit it. Certain points in its architecture are quite indicative of a Masonic, and Templar, connection.

In addition to the theory that the Chapel was used by Freemasons and Knights Templar is the claim that those groups, stationed at Rosslyn Chapel, journeyed to North America and back before Columbus.

This claim is based on several points:

  1. some of what appear to be the oldest graveyards in Nova Scotia (which means New Scotland) have Masonic symbols and Crusader crosses on them

  2. the Westford Knight is a rock engraving in Massachusetts supposedly showing a Scottish knight, linked to the Henry Sinclair party, with the Clan Gunn markings

  3. most importantly, Rosslyn Chapel, although completed six years before Columbus' voyage, allegedly has stone carvings in it of plants unique to the Western hemisphere

Because of its rumored connections with Freemasonry, the chapel has inevitably become listed as one of the possible final resting places of The Holy Grail.

This is a possibility based on legends of 'Secret Vaults' and the possibility that the similarities between Rosslyn and the Temple of Jerusalem might be more than cosmetic.

los White Lady of Rosslyn Castle is said to hide a secret worth 'millions of pounds' - and some have suggested that this could be The Grail or instructions on how to find it.

St Clair legend suggests that there are three big medieval chests (probably the size of steamer trunks) buried somewhere on the property, and this has inevitably led to various theories as to the chests' contents. Past scanning and excavations in or near the Chapel have not yielded any such chests.

Sealed chambers under the basement of the chapel, however, have yet to be excavated for fear of collapse of the entire structure.

These chambers are filled with pure white Arabic sand - rumored to have been brought to the chapel by the Knights Templar from the Dome of the Rock - and ultrasonic scans have revealed six leaden vaults within the sand.

It should be noted that it is only the Ruined Wall that is based on the Temple of Jerusalem - the chapel itself most closely resembles the East Quire of Glasgow Cathedral.

The Chapel is famous for its two pillars:

  • the Apprentice Pillar

  • the Master Pillar which,

. though next to each other, are carved differently.

Masonic Architects believe these structures could signify the pillars of Boaz and Jachin.

Most interestingly are the (pictorial) references to the Key of Hiram, a significant piece of Masonic legend in the wall carvings, and in depictions of the New World, purportedly showing maize and aloe vera plants about a century before the discovery of North America, suggesting pre-Columbus travel there (the La Merika theory).

Also many archaeoastronomers believe that the walls are carved with azimuths, that give co-ordinates for sites in Iceland (where the St. Clairs supposedly originated) and across Britain.

In September 2007 a musical cipher hidden in mystical symbols carved into the stone ceiling of Rosslyn Chapel was reported as being unraveled by Scottish composer Stuart Mitchell.

His feat was hailed by experts as a stroke of genius.

The codes were hidden in 213 cubes in the ceiling of the chapel, where parts of the film of Dan Brown's best-seller The Da Vinci Code were shot. Each cube contained different patterns to form an unusual 6 minute piece of music for 13 medieval players.

The unusual sound is thought to have been of great spiritual significance to those who built the chapel. The melody was unraveled after Mr Mitchell discovered the stones at the bottom of each of 12 pillars inside the chapel formed a cadence (three chords at the end of a piece of music) of which there were only three types in the 15 th century.

Mr. Mitchell said the music sounded like a nursery rhyme.

"Everyone wants to hear something miraculous but William Sinclair, who designed the chapel, was an architect, not a musician," he said.

"It is evident from the nursery rhyme style of the music that he could not play very well. It is in triple time, sounds childlike and is based on plain chant which was the common form of rhythm of the time."

The strange combination of instruments in the piece includes bagpipes, whistles, trumpet, a medieval mouth piano, guitar and singers.

The Rosslyn Stave Angel - Music Cipher

In 2007, Stuart's CD and book, "The Rosslyn Motet", were complete and hit the world by storm as researchers hope to unlock ancient secrets through music:

Stuart Mitchell discovered a series of figures which he calls an "orchestra of angels" at the base of elaborate arches round the altar, with each angel holding a musical instrument. He worked with his father, Thomas, to decipher the patterns on cubes which jut out from the arches.

Exclusive Da Vinci Chorus

Father and son team discover the Holy Grail of music hidden away for 600 years on the columns of Rosslyn Chapel.

A father and son code breaking team have discovered music's Holy Grail - hidden in intricate carvings at Rosslyn Chapel for almost 600 years. Music teacher Thomas Mitchell, 75, strived for 27 years before he and pianist son Stuart, 41, deciphered symbols in the chapel which featured in The Da Vinci Code book and film.

The pair will reveal the secret songs in a special concert at the Midlothian chapel next month.

Thomas, of Edinburgh, said:

"The music is the result of years of painstaking research, recreating secret notes hidden for almost 600 years in carvings on the arches within the chapel itself.

"We believe this is the Holy Grail of music and, unlike the Da Vinci Code, it is absolutely factual."

Thomas was intrigued by the sculpted angels and hundreds of intricately carved cubes in the arches of the Lady Chapel.

Using skills learned as an RAF code-breaker during the Korean War and his lifetime knowledge of classical music, he finally realized they depicted the vibrations of musical notes.

"It was a Eureka moment to end all Eureka moments.

"Many angels were carrying musical instruments and some were even grouped as if they were a choir.

"But one angel gave me the biggest problem. He was carrying something and at first I thought it was musical instrument which had been lost in the mists of time.

"It was only when I realized that he was carrying a musical stave, the blueprint for all musical composition, that I knew I was looking at a secretly coded piece of music.

"By recreating the patterns on each of the carved cubes, with Stuart's help, we unlocked the notes to find a haunting piece of music had been hidden in the arches for centuries.

"For the choral sections, we've used the words from the hymns to St John the Baptist taken from Matthew in the Old Testament which is fitting because the chapel itself is dedicated to St Matthew."

Stuart, a classical composer and pianist, used computers to decipher the carvings' secret music. He has named the medieval music the Rosslyn Motet.

"I also used authentic mediaeval instruments to recreate the music exactly and it truly is a masterpiece.

"While the Da Vinci Code was full of red herrings to make it a thrilling work of fiction, the Rosslyn Motet music is a tangible work people can listen to. For centuries, scholars have been convinced Rosslyn holds the key to many different areas of knowledge.

"We think we've cracked one particularly fascinating code, although we're convinced Rosslyn holds many, many more."

Four singers will join eight musicians playing mediaeval instruments to perform the Rosslyn Motet at Rosslyn on May 18.

Simon Beattie, of the Rosslyn Chapel Trust, said:

"We're looking forward to the event as this is a such an exciting and intriguing piece of work. The music is particularly haunting and we cannot help feel this is yet another of the many puzzles that make Rosslyn such an astonishing place."

Rosslyn Chapel was built by Sir William Sinclair and Sir Gilbert Haye in the 15 th century.

Steeped in the history of the Knights Templar and Freemasonry , Roslyn's mysteries are famous worldwide. Among the theories surrounding Rosslyn is that it is the secret resting place of the Holy Grail, the Ark of the Covenant and even the mummified head of Christ.

  1. Carved angels and blocks above their head in arches of chapel baffled Thomas until he realized this one was holding a musical stave - and that the blocks signified notes.

  2. Using this specially enhanced photo, Thomas and Stuart worked out that the carvings above the angel represent A, B and C.

  3. Thomas and Stuart used this metal plate to recreate the ancient method of making notes. The plate is vibrated and sand poured on until it forms a particular pattern - indicating the correct pitch. The patterns match those carved into the arches of Rosslyn Chapel.

Rosslyn Chapel holds many secrets. For hundreds of years experts and visitors alike have puzzled over the carvings in the chapel. Whilst some debate whether they point to hidden treasure, Edinburgh composer Stuart Mitchell thinks he has cracked one part of the enigma.

He believes that the ornate ceiling of carved arches, featuring 213 decorated cubes holds a code for medieval music.

His father Thomas Mitchell spent 20 years cracking this code in the ceiling and now Stuart is orchestrating the findings for a new recording called The Rosslyn Motet:

They hope that the music, when played on medieval instruments in situ, will resonate throughout the chapel unlocking a secret in the stone.

The breakthrough to interpreting the notation came when Mitchell's father discovered that the markings carved on the face of the cubes seem to match a phenomenon called Cymatics or Chladni patterns.

Chladni patterns form when a sustained note is used to vibrate a sheet of metal covered in powder producing marks. The frequency used dictates the shape of the pattern, for example the musical note A below middle C vibrates at 440 KHz and produces a shape that looks like a rhombus.

Different notes can produce various shapes including flowers, diamonds and hexagons - shapes all present on the Rosslyn cubes.

Stuart Mitchell believes this is "beyond coincidence" and has assigned a note to each cube. Ernst Chladni first documented the phenomenon in the late 18 th century - yet it appears to be present in a 15 th century building.

Which begs the question:

"Was Sir William St Clair (the man who built Rosslyn Chapel) familiar with sciences far in advance of his time?".

Stuart Mitchell believes a link between the Knights Templar � who may have gleaned advanced Eastern scientific knowledge during their stay in Jerusalem during the Crusades � and Rosslyn could explain the encoded musical notes.

"The symbolism in Rosslyn is reaching back to times of a civilization that is lost to us now that had sciences that are the roots of all the mechanics of the universe," says Mitchell.

If this science was used in the carvings at Rosslyn, then there needs to be an explanation of how this information came to be lost for centuries.

According to Mitchell, the Church suppressed the knowledge as a means of controlling the public.

"What it points towards is the church system denying people certain knowledge because knowledge is awareness. People who knew too much were burnt as witches."

According to Mitchell this is a Chladni pattern -
a way of showing a musical note by way of its vibrations.

Interestingly the Devil's Chord - diabolus in musica - makes an appearance in the music.

"In the ceiling is this jump of an augmented fourth, in fact it opens up with an augmented fourth," says Mitchell.

The Catholic Church had banned this interval (seven semitones) from medieval music as it was believed to be disturbing and therefore diabolical. Perhaps St Clair was indeed challenging the authority of the church.

The music itself, according to Mitchell is a mix,

"of Celtic melodies and secular worship crossed with a kind of Christian worship" but not Catholic he says.

Perhaps this explains why carvings depicting the green man , essentially a pagan image, exist alongside carvings of Christ in the chapel.

"[Orkney] and the Shetlands had a very big druid, pagan community and they had their own culture of music," says Mitchell.

"William St Clair was the last Earl of Orkney and some of the melodies in the ceiling of Rosslyn Chapel are Orkney/Shetland Airs."

Mitchell doesn't believe that the notes were carved there simply to record a piece of music. He hopes that the repeated frequencies in the music will resonate within the building and unlock a medieval secret."

Hopefully, knowing masons of this period of time were aware of the acoustic properties and the effect of resonance upon stone, we're hoping something falls loose it's like a safe. This is why we think he [St Clair] has gone to so much trouble."

Mitchell has no idea what may be hidden in the church, but believes that St Clair used advanced science to ensure that the music was hidden from prying eyes.

Mitchell, dubbing the project "The Voice of Creation", says the carvings on the cubes are ultimately about sacred geometry .

"What it's saying is we've forgotten more than we know. Perhaps the music is indeed a key to the past, the physics of the universe and just maybe, played loud enough inside Rosslyn, it will unlock a long lost secret hidden in the masonry.

Stuart and I discussed the 213 cubes on the ceiling and the Apprentice Pillar, at the top of which we find the stave angels, and at the bottom an Ouroboros which takes us to 2012 and coming full circle into the light.

Basically my father and I calculated the frequencies of the 3 notes that the stave angel is pointing out and it amounts to this:

At (ancient tunings)

Gilbert Hay (fl.1432-1456) or Sir Gilbert the Haye, Scottish poet and translator, was perhaps a kinsman of the house of Errol.

If he is the student named in the registers of the university of St Andrews in 1418-1419, his birth may be fixed about 1403. He was in France in 1432, perhaps some years earlier, for a "Gilbert de la Haye" is mentioned as present at Reims, in July 1430, at the coronation of Charles VII.

He has left it on record, in the Prologue to his Buke of the Law of Arrays, that he was,

"chaumerlayn umquhyle to the maist worthy King Charles of France."

In 1456 he was back in Scotland, in the service of the chancellor, William, Earl of Orkney and Caithness, "in his castell of Roselyn," south of Edinburgh. The date of his death is unknown.

Hay is named by Dunbar in his Lament for the Makaris, and by Sir David Lyndsay in his Testament and Complaynt of the Papyngo. His only political work is The Buik of Alexander the Conquerour, of which a portion, in copy, remains at Taymouth Castle.

He has left three translations, extant in one volume (in old binding) in the collection of Abbotsford:

  • The Buke of the Law of Arms or the Buke of Bataillis, a translation of Honore Bonet's Arbre des batailles

  • The Buke of the Order of Iinichthood from the Livre de l'ordre de chevalerie

  • The Buke of tile Governaunce of Princes, from a French version of the pseudo-Aristotelian Secrela secrelorum

The second of these precedes Caxton's independent translation by at least ten years.

For the Bulk of Alexander see Albert Herrmann's The Taymouth Castle Manuscript of Sir Gilbert hays Buik, etc. (Berlin, 1898). The complete Abbotsford Manuscript has been reprinted by the Scottish Text Society (d. JH Stevenson). The first volume, containing The Buke of the Law of Arms, appeared in 1901. The Order of Knighthood was printed by David Laing for the Abbotsford Club (1847).

See also SFS edition Introduction and Gregory Smith's Specimens of Middle Scots, in which annotated extracts are given from the Abbotsford Manuscript , the oldest known example of literary Scots prose.

A = 440
B = 493
C = 523
---------------
1456 (the year Sir Gilbert Haye Died)

The serpents round the bottom of The Apprentice Pillar looks Chinese to me, which might also explain a lot about Gilbert Hay 's trip to China and his interest in vibrational harmonics. A serpent swallowing its tail, sounds like the Rings of Saturn.


About the Cubes
There were originally 215. Two of them have been broken off and lost in the past 500 years with no apparent explanation of why or how from Rosslyn.

215 does not make a significant number but 216 would. 216 as you know Ellie is a cosmologically important number. We know that Earth's polar circumference is 21,600 nautical miles, or 'minutes of latitude' arc. It is also interesting that "our" math conventions use 21,600 arc-minutes as the circumference of 'any' circle or sphere.

One of the most ancient and most celebrated sacred places of our planet is the temple of Lord Shiva Nataraja in the South Indian City of Chidambaram. Here Lord Shiva dances his dance of creation and dissolution. The Dance of Cosmos. The hereditary priesthood which have been the guardians of the Lord and his temple since the time of its origins follow the Vedic pattern of ritual worship.

The sanctum in which the Lord is performing his Cosmic Dance is called the Cit Sabha , the Hall of Consciousness.

It is a wooden structure, which differs in its shape form all other sanctums found in Indian temples. And its corbelled shaped roof has been covered with golden tiles from the time of its consecration. It consists of 21600 tiles, representing the human breaths, and these are held together by 720,00 nails, representing the Nadis of the human energy body.

My suggestion is that there should be 216 cubes/rectangles on the ceiling of Rosslyn (counting the 2 that are missing) because putting all the cubes together into one BIG cube would give us 216. Also a pattern will emerge when the correct sequence of smaller patterns are merged together. The final note of the music maybe?!

216 is also 6x6x6 and many other connotations.

When he caught sight of the bright red pentagon glowing above the great rose window of Rosslyn Chapel.

By rediscovering the light box, forgotten for hundreds of years, Butler and John Ritchie, co-author of Rosslyn Revealed, moved closer to illuminating their theory that the truth about the chapel is even stranger than the fiction made world-famous by Dan Brown.

Just when you think there can't be anything left to dig up when it comes to secret codes and Rosslyn Chapel, another layer is unearthed.

The latest mystery involving a carving scratched on the wall of the crypt - doesn't involve the Knights Templar, the bloodline of Christ or any ancient secret societies.

But for Ashley Cowie - who has spent the best part of a decade trying to work out its meaning - the carving has huge global significance for Scotland when it comes to the history of ancient navigation.

"What is down there is an example of a lost system for measuring time and distance involving both latitude and longitude. It's a priceless mapping treasure."

This navigational teaching board - if that's what it is - forms the basis of Cowie's new book, The Rosslyn Matrix , which presents his case for Rosslyn Chapel having a cartographic explanation.

At first glance, the mysterious carving looks a bit like a miniature electricity pylon with a latticed construction of uprights and grids. At the top is the outline of a misshapen cup which has a five-pointed star on one of the sides.

Inside the cup shape, stacked on top of each other, are four diamond-shaped lozenges of different lengths and widths.

Great stonemasons settled next to the wooded glen to construct the library in stone, a building alive with symbolism and bursting with imagery.


The Legends of Rosslyn

Rosslyn Chapel is a place wreathed in legend and most of the legends are associated with the Knights Templar. The Templars were a crusading order, a band of warrior monks who were pledged to protect Christian pilgrims travelling to the Middle East. Their cause was a popular one. Wealthy people often left money or land to the Templars in their wills and, over time, the order became immensely rich so rich in fact that even kings began to resent and fear the Templars. The French king, Philip IV, who had de facto control of the Papacy, in 1312, persuaded his puppet on the papal throne to issue an edict accusing the Templars of practising black magic, dissolving the order and confiscating its wealth.

According to legend, the Templars then fled to Scotland and took up residence there. Why Scotland? Well, Scotland’s King Robert the Bruce had once murdered one of his rivals in a church and, as a consequence, had been excommunicated. Scotland was therefore one of the few places in Europe where the writ of the Papacy did not run. The founder of the Templar order, Hugo de Payns, had also been married to Catherine de St Clair of Roslin so the order had historical connections to Scotland. According to the legend, the Templars then put down roots in their new country.

Having accumulated a vast store of occult knowledge in the East where they had been exposed to a variety of mystical traditions, they chose to embody it in the carvings of Rosslyn Chapel when construction began on it in 1446, perhaps even burying their fabled treasure within its vaults – which some say included the Holy Grail itself. Rumours of mysterious artefacts, either contained within secret vaults beneath the chapel, or embedded within the Apprentice Pillar, one of the most ornate pillars in the building, have circulated for a long time. These hidden treasures have been said to include the Holy Grail, the mummified head of Jesus, and documents from the early period of the Christian faith.

A descendant of the St. Clair family was the first Grand Master of the Order of Freemasons in Scotland. This has given rise to the belief that Freemasonry had its roots in Templar tradition.


600-Year-Old Music Found Encoded in Chapel Walls

Reuters reports that father-and-son team Thomas and Stuart Mitchell have unlocked a coded music system present in decorations of the Rosslyn Chapel. (Rosslyn may be familiar to readers as the fifteenth-century Scottish chapel featured at the end of The Da Vinci Code.)

The chapel contains 213 carved blocks showing thirteen geometric patterns. In addition to these blocks, there are carved angels playing musical instruments, including one who is pointing to certain notes on a musical staff.

So here's the crazy math part -- Thomas Mitchell discovered that the thirteen geometric patterns carved on the blocks were cymatics (also known as Chladni patterns). Cymatics are generated by amplifying a musical tone onto a resonant surface (similar to a drum head) which is covered by grains of sand, or a similar medium. At certain frequencies, the sand forms intricate geometric patterns. These patterns are similar to what was carved into the chapel walls (judge for yourself from the video below. the matching is a bit tenuous to my eye). The Mitchells call their composition, based on the carvings (plus traditional lyrics translated into Latin), The Rosslyn Motet. It will debut on May 18, 2007 in a performance at the chapel.

Here's a video produced by the Mitchells showing some of their work (note that the music in the background is part of the Rosslyn Motet):


Musical Pattern Mysteries of Rosslyn Chapel

Ernst Chladni originally documented the appearance of musical patterns in 1787 by vibrating a fine powder on a metal plate to frequencies of sounds. Since the discovery, these mysterious patterns have been dubbed Cymatics by modern science. The very interesting thing is that Ernst's 18th century discovery appears to be found in the 15th century Rosslyn Chapel. Thomas Mitchell spent 20 years attempting to unlock this ancient mystery, examining 215 blocks presumed to be encoded musical cubes found along the pillars and arches inside Rosslyn Chapel. Each block seems to show a clear understanding of Cymatics well before Chladni's time. Freemasons designed and built the chapel to include symbols of the Knights Templar, believed by some as a preservation of the society's secrets. Geometry of sound dates back to ancient Egyptian and Chinese cultures. It is also a key belief in Freemasonry's structure of life in the cosmos. For inquiring minds alike, these musical cubes are definitely intriguing on multiple levels, and present an entirely new a sense of dimension to Rosslyn Chapel's mysteries.

Apprentice Pillar


Ap. Pillar (Fg. 7-2)

Do these cubes hint at a secret language, or knowledge carved into chapel walls? Along with theories of Rosslyn being an inter-dimensional portal, the musical cubes add to its complexity suggesting it is definitely more than a temple of creative celebratory decoration. Another beautiful artwork found within Rosslyn is the famous Apprentice Pillar. At first glance, a twisting design wrapping around the pillar seems to represent the double helix structure found in DNA molecules. This is the same structure synonymous with most renditions of the Tree of Life found in the artworks of several ancient cultures around the world. Perhaps the musical cubes are able to unlock a secret knowledge of life, or at least part of the missing information mankind has somehow lost to history. Studying Rosslyn may provide us with a deeper insight about mankind through music, and help us to further understand complex artworks of the Knights Templar.


Sports

  • Steve Archibald - footballer
  • Bertie Auld - footballer and manager
  • Tommy Burns - footballer and manager
  • Kenny Dalglish - footballer and manager
  • Tommy Docherty - footballer and manager
  • Ian Durrant - footballer
  • Sir Alex Ferguson - football legend and manager
  • Barry Ferguson - footballer
  • Glasgow Mid Argyll - The 1973 Camanachd winning team - shinty
  • Arthur Graham - footballer - Aberdeen, Leeds United, Manchester United, Bradford City and Scotland.
  • Gerry Hughes - first deaf yachtsman to cross the Atlantic Ocean
  • Gary Jacobs - boxer
  • Mo Johnston - footballer
  • Benny Lynch - Scotland's first boxing champion
  • Stephen Maguire - snooker player
  • Ally MacLeod - football manager
  • Drew McIntyre - WWE champion (studied and trained to wrestle in Glasgow)
  • Danny McGrain - footballer
  • Members of the 1972 UEFA Cup Winners Cup team (Rangers FC): Alex MacDonald and Willie Johnston
  • Members of The Lisbon Lions (Celtic FC) winners of the European Cup, to date the only Scottish team to do so: Ronnie Simpson, Jim Craig, Bobby Murdoch, Stevie Chalmers and Bertie Auld
  • Alex McLeish - Scotland Manager and footballer
  • Philippa York (previously known as Robert Millar) - cyclist
  • Willie Miller - Football player for Aberdeen and Scotland
  • Colin Montgomerie - golfer
  • David Moyes - football manager
  • Andy Murray - Scotland's highest ranked tennis player.
  • Andrew Robertson - footballer, Liverpool and Scotland. UEFA Champions League winner 2019.
  • Alan Rough - goalkeeper, Partick Thistle and Scotland
  • Alison Sheppard - swimmer
  • Callum Skinner - Olympic gold medal winning cyclist
  • John Wark - Scottish footballer
  • Jim Watt - Boxer
  • Paul Weir - two-time world champion boxer

16 Facts that Prove Rosslyn Chapel is the World’s Captivating Chapel

One of the most iconic buildings in the world is the enigmatic Rosslyn Chapel, a small church building during the fifteenth century just a few miles south of Scotland&rsquos capital city, Edinburgh. What interests some people are the stone carvings that cover the chapel&rsquos entire interior surface, and much of its exterior, as well. For others, the intrigue lays in the stories that are told about the chapel. Some have said that its founder was trying to leave a message for future generations to one day decipher. After all, the chapel was built during a time when illiteracy in Europe was high, and book-burning was common, so he left a message in stone that many people now are trying to understand.

Drawing of the interior of Rosslyn Chapel. mythormorph.

16. William Sinclair Built Rosslyn Chapel in 1446

Very little is known about the people who actually constructed Rosslyn Chapel, particularly the stonemasons who created the intricate carvings that line both the interior and the exterior of the building. For many people, the whole place is shrouded in mystery, as its engravings have themes that are Christian, pagan, and even Masonic, though the chapel was built centuries before the organization known as the Freemasons came into existence. Much of its grandeur comes not from the building itself but the stories emanating from it.

One thing that is known is that it was originally founded in 1446 by a man named William Sinclair, who was the Prince of Orkney. Many of the documents relating to his own life and the origins of the chapel were destroyed in a fire, but some are preserved at the National Scottish Library in nearby Edinburgh. They show that the set out to construct a marvelous building and that he paid his workers quite handsomely &ndash regular masons received a salary of 10 pounds per year, equivalent to 50,000 pounds today, far above today&rsquos living wage. Master masons earned as much as 40 pounds a year, 200,000 pounds in today&rsquos money.


Ver el vídeo: Rosslyn Apprentice Pillar Sound Visualisation


Comentarios:

  1. Doutaur

    Bien hecho, tu idea es simplemente excelente

  2. Anntoin

    Estas equivocado. Lo sugiero para discutir. Escríbeme por PM, nos comunicamos.

  3. Oswy

    Tienes datos incorrectos

  4. Tyg

    Que hermosa respuesta

  5. Meztigrel

    Es dudoso.

  6. Maull

    Bravo, esta idea es necesaria por cierto



Escribe un mensaje